Buyer Information – Guidance for Home Buyers
Where to Begin
When you start looking for a home you might consider the following questions:
- In what basic area do you want to live?
- Do you need to be close to schools, shopping, or work?
- What style of house would you like?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need?
- Would you prefer a large or small yard?
- How much can you afford to pay down and for monthly payments?
With these things in mind you can begin the search for your ideal home. The next step would be to find an agent to help you.
A Buyers Agent – Work with a Licensed Realtor®
You’ll want the best possible information when looking for a home. Buyers who work with a Realtor® have more insight into the market. We know the process of buying a home and can explain the steps to you in detail. We can locate and show you all the properties you want to see and answer questions you may have, because we know the area. We can help you to determine what price range home you can afford. When the time comes to make an offer, we’ll help you complete the necessary paperwork and work with the title company and county treasurers as needed to enable a timely closing.
A Realtor® can guide you each step of the way. We’ll answer your questions and help to make everything run as smoothly as possible. One important step for you to take is to get “pre-qualified” so you’ll know the approximate price range you can afford. We can introduce you to area lenders that we have worked with and know are reliable and efficient. They will pre-qualify you so that if any errors are found on your credit report, you can take steps to correct them before purchasing. This facilitates in a timely and less stressful purchase once the ideal home is found.
Start saving money…you’ll need some cash on hand for your down payment and closing costs….up to 20%. Don’t incur additional debt, try to pay down your credit cards and don’t apply for new ones. Wait to buy the furniture or the new car after until after you buy the house… and don’t make any major purchases using credit.
Begin a General Search
Have your Realtor show you pictures of available properties. Talk about the pros and cons of different general areas that begin looking at homes in these areas. That will give you a good feel for the types of homes that are on the market and the prices you can expect. Once you’ve been through some areas, you’ll be ready to narrow your search to the area that you prefer.
Real Estate Services for Buyers
As my customer you’ll always be treated with the utmost respect and honesty. I’ll help you locate available homes that meet your criteria and arrange showings at your convenience. I’ll point-out features and answer all of your questions honestly. Whether you’re looking for a certain home style, country or recreational property, or a newer home that’s close to shopping and services… I can help you. Knowing the area, I can point-out many possibilities for you to consider as you look through our beautiful neighborhoods.
- Assist you in locating the homes that meet your criteria
- Point-out both positives and negatives in an objective manner
- Disclose to you any known defects in the homes you’re considering
- Answer all of your real estate questions with complete honesty
- Initiate and negotiate purchase agreements
- Estimate your total purchase costs based on your offer
- Communicate the seller’s acceptance or rejection of your offer
- Offer recommendations on financing and other serivces
- Assist you in coordinating needed closing activities
- Review your financial settlement statement for accuracy